Research Institutes & Labs
MBBS in Russia | MBBS in Moscow | Study in Russia | Study in Moscow | Education in Russia | Education in Moscow | I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | FMSMU | MBBS Admission in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | MBBS Fee in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Direct Admission in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Apply for MBBS Admission in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | How to Get Direct Admission in MBBS in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Study in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | About I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Tuition Fee in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Research Institutes & Labs in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
The scientific core of Sechenov University is its Research Center (RC) which combines all the scientific departments of the University.
Institutes of Sechenov University:
– Institute of Medical Parasitology and Tropical Medicine
– Institute of Public Health and Healthcare Management
– Institute of Medical Sociology, Healthcare Economics and Medical Insurance
– Institute of Pharmacy
– Institute of Uronephrology and Reproductive Health
Institute of Medical Parasitology and Tropical Medicine
The Institute of Medical Parasitology and Tropical Medicine named after E. Martsinovskii is the educational base of the department of Tropical Medicine and parasitic diseases which founded as a part of the Faculty of Preventive Medicine.
The institute owns a large collection of agents of parasitic diseases and arthropod-carriers of diseases, rich illustrative material in the form of tables, slides, videos and CD-ROM drive, a library, which contains all of the major publications relating to the studied problems, and includes 80,000 names of the scientific literature for Parasitology, unique insectaries carriers of human diseases, collection agents, registered in the World health Organization.
The staff of the institute are deeply involved in carrying out the theme: “Improving the surveillance of parasitic diseases” and actively participate in the development of materials legislative prevention of parasitic diseases in Russia.
The main objective of the department is training of competent personnel for the Russian Federal Consumer Rights Protection and Human Health Control Service and health care facilities specializing in “Parasitology” with the use of modern: technologies, forms and methods of teaching, as well as the latest achievements in biological and medical science and practice.
The departments train postgraduates in the field of “parasitology” and prepares graduate students (full-time and part-time students) and competitors of scientific degrees of candidate and doctor of medical and biological sciences in the specialties of “parasitology” and “entomology”. Due to the degradation of the environment new training on carrying out sanitary parasitological studies of the environment (water utilities, etc.) were introduced.
Departments and divisions:
- Department of Scientific Medical Information
- Department of Medical protozoology
- Department of Medical Helminthology
- Department of development and pre-clinical study of antiparasitic medications
- Division of modern therapeutic methods of treatment of parasitic diseases
- Department of Medical Entomology
- Laboratory development of treatments for parasitic diseases
Institute of Public Health and Healthcare Management
The Research Institute of Public Health and Health Management was established in 2002.
- Development of modern technology
- Training of specialists with higher medical and pharmaceutical education, based on the achievements of biomedical research.
Main areas of research are:
- The policy and strategy for the formation of public healthcare
- The development and improvement of technologies for shaping public healthcare
- Strategy for healthcare Management
- Personnel Policy in healthcare
- Economic and resource provision of healthcare
- Standardization in healthcare
- Information technology in healthcare management
- Legal protection of public health and healthcare management
- International healthcare
- Department of Medical prevention and health promotion
- Department of Public Health Policy
- Department for problems of public health
- Department of Standardization in Health Care
- Department of Health Management Strategies
- Laboratory of the development, implementation and certification of information technology
- Laboratory of labor efficiency in health care
- Laboratory of coordination of inter-institutional research on public health and health care management
- Laboratory of legislation in health care
- Department of Problems of health information
- Department of socially significant diseases
- Laboratory of clinical and laboratory diagnosis
Institute of Medical Sociology, Healthcare Economics and Medical Insurance
Established in 2011 the Institute of Sociology of medicine, health economics and health insurance consists of the managerial board and 6 scientific divisions: 5 departments (sociology of health and illness, sociology of health care management, historical and sociological analysis of medicine, health economics, management, economics and sociology of health insurance) and a laboratory of medical and sociological monitoring.
The Institute is headed by Professor A.V.Reshetnikov a member of the Academy of Medical Sciences, Dr. of Medical Sciences, Dr. of Sociological Sciences, a honored worker of health.
- Coordination of research activities
- Improvement of the quality and quantity of medical and sociological and socio-economic research on fundamentally new directions in the sociology of medicine, health economics and health insurance.
- Training of health managers in areas of: sociology of medicine and health economics.
Main areas of research:
- Generating new knowledge about the basic laws governing the functioning and development of medicine as a social institution,
- The formation of valuable relationships among different segments of the population with healthcare institutions, illnesses and health care, medicine and public health organization,
- Development and implementation of social and economic measures to further improve health and health care organizations.
The research activities of the Institute are based on the principles of: unity and active interaction between the research and educational activities.
Institute of Pharmacy
The Research Institute of pharmacy was established in 2001, it carries out its activities in cooperation with the institutions, faculties and departments of the University and its clinics, performs with them collaborative research, and participates in the educational process at the University.
Main areas of research:
- Development of scientific foundations for organizing the functioning of pharmaceutical companies.
- Development of the basic principles of pharmaceutical research in establishing a manufacture of medicines.
- Research to develop innovative technologies for medicine production.
- Development of requirements for the creation and standardization of medical drugs based on nanotechnology.
- Research on the standardization of general pharmacopoeial analytical methods.
- Research on standardization of dosage forms.
- Research on the standardization of medicinal plants, herbal medicines, including homeopathic ones.
- Research on standardization of excipients.
- Development of scientific and methodological principles of pharmacoeconomic and pharmacoepidemiological studies.
- Pharmacoeconomic studies of drugs used for the treatment of of socially significant diseases.
The results of the research conducted by the staff at the Institute of Pharmacy is published in monographs, textbooks and the following magazines: “Pharmacy”, “New Pharmacy”, “Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal”, “Bulletin of Voronezh State University,” “Pharmaceutical industry”, “Bulletin of the Scientific Center of Medical Products “,” Pharmacoeconomics “, etc.
The Institute of Pharmacy holds annual scientific conferences and scientific seminars on topical issues of technology, standardization, production and pharmacoeconomics of medicines, with the participation of students, researchers, companies specialized in the manufacture of medicines and the regulatory authorities.
Laboratories of the Institute of Pharmacy:
- Laboratory of Medicines Technologies
- Laboratory of Pharmacognosy
- Laboratory of Pharmacopoeias
- Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Laboratory of Pharmacoeconomics
Institute of Uronephrology and Reproductive Health
The Institute explores the current issues of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the urinary system, male fertility disorders, and sexual function. Its clinical departments a wide range of complex medical operations are performed routinely this includes: laparoscopic interventions on the kidney, a wide range of rare and technically complex reconstructive and plastic operations on the organs of the urinary system, percutaneous interventions, minimally invasive treatment of prostate cancer using focused ultrasound, destruction of small renal tumors with radiofrequency ablation and other modern techniques. Promising methods of 3-D modeling of the pathological process of kidney cancer, kidney stones and hydronephrosis were introduced in the institute, significantly improving the effectiveness of surgical treatment for these conditions by creating computer simulations of operations.