International cooperation is one of the most important branches of Sechenov University’s activities that makes contribution to training of highly qualified specialists, development of priority areas in medical science and healthcare.
Over 140 teaching staff members of the University are members of one or several foreign and international scientific and professional societies, organizations, associations.
Annually Sechenov University hosts more than 20 international scientific and educational events: conferences, symposia, seminars, trainings, schools, round tables, and working groups.
About 2 500 foreign students and post-graduates from 73 countries study at Sechenov University today. Far-abroad countries are mainly represented by students from Malaysia, People’s Republic of China, Syria, India, Vietnam, Israel, Brazil, as well as Germany, USA, the UK, Republic of Maldives, and other countries.
The University maintains close relations with many foreign research and educational foreign institutions and organizations.
The University also actively cooperates with the following international professional organizations, unions, associations:
– International Association of Universities
– Eurasian Association of Universities
– World Federation for Medical Education
– Association of University Programs for Population Health Management
– European Health Management Association
– World Organization of National Colleges, Academies and Academic Associations of General Practitioners
– International Health Center (USA)
– German Academic Exchange Service DAAD
– Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
– Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM)
– European Association for Predictive, Preventive and Personalized Medicine (EPMA)
Sechenov University is also involved in the implementation of programs of international cooperation in science and education, such as Tempus IV Project, Erasmus+ and others.
Sechenov University is Russian co-chair of the Association of Sino-Russian Medical Universities.